Postmodern Culture

Everything you want to know about postmodernism, postmodernity, and postmodern culture. Your guide to achieving postmodern literacy from The Notorious Dr. Rog and the class of ENG 335 at Rollins College.

Friday, August 25, 2006

1st class. 8/22. Monica

After the first class, I had to sit down and process my thoughts throughly. After a few hours, I did, and ended up consuming tremoundous amounts of "po-mo vino" and chatting with some" po-mo" oriented friends. We discussed the images and titles I saw and class, and even more so. We disscussed how each one of the topics plays a part in our actions today, and why they do.
It is easy to forget the issues of the present when you are so caught up in your daily actions. Last Tuesday's class reminded me to keep paying attention and to bitch about it at what ever cost. I always pride myself on being aware, and the first class has allowed me to re-focus and re-postion myself in this story documenting ourselves. I can't wait to discuss more issues and the theories that break them down into understandable points.

1 Comments:

Blogger Notorious Dr. Rog said...

You're on the right tack here, Monica, but you need to write more--explore your ideas more deeply.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home