Postmodern Culture

Everything you want to know about postmodernism, postmodernity, and postmodern culture. Your guide to achieving postmodern literacy from The Notorious Dr. Rog and the class of ENG 335 at Rollins College.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Gary 10/3

After the lecture I understood the concept of "simulacra". I don't agree with him, but I do understand what he is talking about. This is the part of Po-Mo that goes way beyond where I want to go. I live in a "real" world. What happens in my world is real...everyday. I work, I have kids, I pay bills, I go to school, I work, I pay bills, I have kids It isn't simulacra to me..it's life as I know it (which I believe is a line from a song).

I do agree with the post prior to me regarding the "extra" measures for the mid-term. Is this heightened security level orange Mr. Bush? I have no problem with the academic pledge, since I already followed it, but writing it on every paper, signing it every time is over-kill. Is there any level of trust in our society anymore? What kind of "signifier" is this? I have always been impressed by the caliber of students that attend Rollins Hamilton Holt. We shoudn't have to re-affirm our credibility every single time we turn in a paper. Sign it once and put it on file.

I drew Jenkins during the Po-Mo Russian Roulette. We didn't even touch upon him on Tuesday so I guess its up to me. Let me apologize in advance. The closest thing that I get on reality television is Law and Order. I'll do my best...without any "unauthorized collaboration".

2 Comments:

Blogger Jinbon H Wrong aka Sloop John B said...

The Post Modern period has ended, no?

2:27 PM  
Blogger blogsquatch said...

It will end for me the first week of December....immediately following the final exam...

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home