Postmodern Culture

Everything you want to know about postmodernism, postmodernity, and postmodern culture. Your guide to achieving postmodern literacy from The Notorious Dr. Rog and the class of ENG 335 at Rollins College.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

JOH 7/14

Greetings ~

Last one eh? Official one. Wow. I'm comfortable with that, for now. This (necessity to blog/read blogs) has been a very worthwhile experience; there are some very creative people in the class. Though I do feel I have developed my ability to critically consider texts, I have been consistently humbled by reading the blogs of my peers. I would have to say that some of the PoMo tapestries woven by Steve-O have been tremendous. And Blogrokker has taken it to the bridge many a time. Well, enough of that, on with the meat.

Our last session was a great experience. Having to power-down the verbal in order to submit of the imposed power-over was, at times, difficult to do. Along with the jokes, most of which created by the unnamed yet pinned to the Steve, were fantastic. In the moment, the timing of some, like "too bad we make the rules!" were impeccable - the unnamed is a funny one. But from a thousand feet, when I went there, which I did but a few times, I did have to question the comical manifestations of our inability to really remain quiet. Silent we COULD NOT be. One could posit that we needed some sense of control. Could. However, I can say that, for most of the moments, I was sincerely interested in interacting with the discussion - I believe that most of us, if not all of us men, felt that way. But the damn funny was funny. huh, huh.

Thanks to the ROG for the experience. To be fair, I did detect a few high-flying-superflysnukka-soaring-slamming-elbows from the top ropes - landing upon the sternum of the general masculinity in the room. NOT in the least bit offended, I really felt as though the juices were flowing and the women were having fun, enjoying momentum, etc. Good times.

~ blessed be the scrotum ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home